It’s crazy how much we want to make things absolutely perfect for our children’s birthday. It is the day that our life was turned upside down when they entered this world. My fondest memories are of my own birthdays and how my parents always went out of their way to make it special. I strive to do the same for my children. Here are some tips for planning the perfect birthday party for your little one:
Themes are important. When you finally decide on a theme, the rest just comes together so nicely and easily. Themes are a great way to make your party look cohesive. It also sets the tone for a great party. When you have a theme in mind, you can start to generate awesome ideas for decorations, what kind of cake to serve and it also gives your guests an idea of what your kid would like for a present. If you have a unicorn theme party, you will be sure to get a lot of unicorn-like gifts!
Not sure on a theme? Ruffles & Bowties has an array of colors and themes ready for you to explore! Check out these must have themes HERE
Keep it short and sweet. Kids have a very limited attention spam so its best to keep it short and sweet. It helps ensure that you end the party on a high note. When parties go too long, children and even the parents get restless. Two hours is the perfect amount of time for a party for young children. This is enough time to do a quick fun entertainment or activity and then cake and presents.
Find the Perfect Birthday Outfit for just a few hours HERE
Choosing the perfect venue. Picking a place to host your birthday party can be difficult. Here are some things to consider. If you choose to rent a venue to host your birthday party, this can become costly. But you don’t have to worry about cleaning your house or the party afterward, there may be entertainment already provided at the venue as well as helpers to help with setting up and tending to your guests. If you want to host your party in your home, you want to make sure that your home is big enough to accommodate all your guests. It is also nice to have it at home if you are throwing a birthday party for a little one because keeping it in a place that they know well helps keep them calm. Another bonus is if they are fussy for a nap, their crib is close by. Plus you don’t have to worry about forgetting anything because you are already at home!
& Don't forget the perfect party checklist!
Summer birthdays are a blast to celebrate! You can celebrate outside and the warm weather gives you a lot more options to choose from. If you are looking for a unique summer birthday theme that people won’t forget, you have come to the right place. There are so many different and fun summer birthday themes to choose from, but here are some exceptional options:
Mermaid Kitty. Who doesn’t love mermaids and kitties? When you mash them together, it is even more adorable and cute. A mermaid kitty party is definitely one that people will remember for a while. Add cute mermaid elements with kitty ears. Take a look at our Girls Mermaid Sequin & Tulle Tutu Romper. This ensemble is perfect for a mermaid theme. All you need to do is add cat ear headband to complete the look! Color her nose and add some whiskers for that extra cuteness.
Water fight! Want to enjoy the warm summer weather but don’t have a pool? A water fight is perfect! Add a bunch of water balloon stations throughout your backyard, with water guns and refill stations. Designate areas as “safe zones” so that people who are not playing don’t get wet. This is such a fun and easy party to put together. All the kids have so much fun and it’s a great way to cool off from the summer heat.
3. Pineapple Party. Not only are pineapples delicious, but they are also super cute too. Who knew a fruit could be such a lively décor piece? And its perfect theme for a summer birthday party. With a lush color palette of pink, green and yellow, this is a beautiful color scheme to incorporate into your party décor. Add pineapples filled with flowers and funny sunglasses as tabletop décor with yellow and green balloons. You can also give birthday goodie bags in yellow cups with gifts wrapped in green tissue paper. There are so many ways to include a pineapple element to your birthday party theme
4. Retro Beach Ball Party. A retro touch is always chic and sweet for a party theme. Add retro beach balls throughout the party. You can add them on the invitation, small beach balls can be table centerpieces or have large blown up beach balls strewn about your lawn. For an adorable retro birthday look, you must take a look at our Mabel Pink Retro Onesie with floral shorts. Don’t forget to add our Icy Blue Retro sunglasses to complete the look.
5. Fairy & Butterfly Theme. Fairy and butterflies are beautiful creatures. It is a wonderful theme with a fairy tale feel. Have each guest decorate her own set of wings. Dress up the décor with moss and wood stumps that have floating butterflies. The moss and wood will give your party a fun nature storybook feel. Add secret small doors around your party area so that a magical fairy may turn up. Looking for the perfect outfit for your little one’s big day? Check out Baby Girls Isabella First Birthday Lace Swing Birthday dress. This adorable white dress is adorned with a gold script “one” and a hint of magic with her butterfly lace shoulder detail.
You may think all the fun themes for birthday
parties have more of a summer appeal but you would be very wrong. There are some pretty “cool” themes you can do if your little one has a birthday in the winter. And they may even be more fun! If your stuck on a unique theme for your little one’s birthday, here are some wonderful wintery theme ideas for you:
Unicorn Hot Cocoa Party. Have you ever seen a unicorn hot cocoa? Not only are they super pretty but they taste pretty good as well. This is a fun way to incorporate a warm hot drink in a unique party themed way. Decorate your party with pastel colored snowflakes and glitter. Check out our Magical and Mystifying Unicorn Floral headband. A perfect accessory for your birthday girl’s party.
Buffalo Print Woodland Animal Party. Buffalo print is all the rage these days. It is a cozy print for this winter season and a great way to add some pop of color to your little one’s birthday party. Use animals such as foxes, bears, bunnies and racoons for this special theme. Also, incorporate some faux fur elements to your party. This can be little stuffed animals in the goodie bags or furry ears to pass out to your party guests. Add a buffalo print table covers with wood stump centerpieces.
Penguin Party. Looking for an adorably cute theme? Penguins are the way to go! Penguins is such a fun party theme because penguins convey fun and playful. You can incorporate elements of black, white and pale blue colors. Serve white powder donuts as tiny snowballs. Wrap multiple shoeboxes in white paper and stack them together like ice igloos. Decorate with snowflakes and white balloons. Don’t forget to check out our adorable knit wit wool penguin slipper boots
Indoor Campout. While it may be too cold to camp outdoors, incorporating it as a birthday theme as an indoor campout is the next best thing. Set up tepees around the room that all have pillows, blankets and anything else in them to make it cozy. Show a fun kids movie and don’t forget to serve s’mores. Add twinkling white Christmas lights from the ceiling to add more of a night time star gazing sky look.
Winter Glitz and Glam. For the girl who loves things fancy, a winter glitz and glam theme is a perfect choice. Glitter will be a staple at this party theme. Dress up the event area with tons of white and blue Christmas lights and make sure that every element is dressed in blue and white glitter. Check out our sliver glitter sparkle shoes. These are the perfect shoes to wear for her big day.
Ice Cream Social Birthday Party
There is not a more delicious theme out there than an Ice Cream Social Birthday party theme. It is a perfect theme for those warm summer birthday months. Everyone can get behind an awesome ice cream party – especially adults. Here is how you can pull off this scrumptious birthday theme:
Ice cream bar please. This is probably the most important part of your ice cream social birthday party. An awesome ice cream bar is a must. Have multiple flavors of ice cream such as strawberry, vanilla and chocolate. Multiple toppings for your guests to choose and sprinkles definitely should be on the ice cream bar list. Have some root beer so that it is available for people who want to make root beer floats.
Cute bowls and color spoons help add to the perfect the ice cream social party atmosphere.
Looking for the perfect outfit? You can’t go wrong with our delicate lace leggings, and over the top tulle filled tutus! Add a dazzling pink & aqua tutu romper to complete the look. Another adorable outfit to check out is our Southern Belle Pink plaid swing dress set. It is perfect for any type of social event – including an ice cream social event!
Ice cream inspired cupcakes. Did you know you can bake cupcakes right out of an ice cream cone? These are awesome cupcakes because not only are they cupcakes but they look like ice cream in a cone! Perfect for an ice cream birthday party! There are so many different ways to make this delicious dessert look amazing. It’s perfect dessert to have your little one blow their birthday candles on.
Yummy décor. Decorating for an ice cream social party is a lot of fun. For cute décor take a bunch of white carnations and put them in a cone shaped vase. Add a red ball or a small red carnation to make it look like a cherry on top. It’s a floral display to look like an ice cream cone. Make ice cream shape garland to decorate your party with or use sprinkles as a way to mod podge a large number of the age they are turning.
The Best Unicorn Birthday Party Ever!
BEAUTIFULLY COLOR DÉCOR.
Unicorns are colorful, especially their hair. Make sure you include this colorful theme in all of party decor. Pastels purple, pink, blue, yellow and green are a great color combination. Use these colors for balloons or streamers. And don’t skip out on the glitter! For a unicorn party, there is no such thing as too much glitter.
For food, serve beautifully colored candy treats. This can be pink cotton candy that you can call unicorn fur. Or white chocolate covered pretzels covered in colorful sprinkles. With rainbow colored food coloring you can make just about anything into unicorn treats.
FUN UNICORN ACTIVITIES.
A great party activity to do at your unicorn themed birthday event is decorating upside down waffle ice cream cones. They can be used as unicorn horns and kids will love decorating their unicorn horn in different color icing, candy and glitter sprinkles.
Tips for a Perfect Smash Cake Photo Shoot
Smash cake photo shoots are adorable 1st birthday keepsakes. Capturing the moment your child has that first taste of pure joy and sugar is such a delicious treat! But how does one go about setting up the perfect smash cake photo shoot?
Here are our best tips:
1. THE PERFECT OUTFIT.
The most fun decision about this photo shoot is the cute outfit your little one will wear. Remember, it’s going to get messy! So working with a “less is more” theme is definitely a must. All your little baby really needs is some bottoms and cute accessories. A tutu or cute diaper cover works wonderfully for this theme. Tutu rompers are utterly irresistible! Accessories with a birthday crown and some fancy jewelry. For boys some cute bottoms with suspenders are adorable. Add a cute bow tie for an extra special touch. (Be sure to checkout our birthday bowtique for tons of great ideas!)
2. DON’T SPLURGE ON THE CAKE.
You can get just as fancy of a cake at the grocery store as you can from
an expensive bakery. Remember that the point of this cake is to smash it and get dirty! So no need to shell out a bunch of cash. Pick up a plain one at the grocery store and dress it up with lots of sprinkles, toppings and whipped cream. Don’t forget the big #1 birthday candle. When decorating your smash cake is to have it match with what your baby is wearing.
3. THINK ABOUT THE BACKGROUND. While most of the focus will be on your baby and their cake, you should consider what is in the background in the photo. There are several ideas you can use. An outside photo shoot is always a good choice. You can also have a cute birthday pendant banner in the background or even a bunch of balloons. The more festive the better!
Looking for a unique theme for your little one’s birthday party? Want it colorful and fun? A flamingo is a perfect theme for you. Who doesn’t love these bright pink birds? It is a great theme for birthdays that fall during the warmer months. Here are some ideas on how to put together a great flamingo themed birthday party.
Flamingo party color combinations. For the girl who loves the color pink, they will definitely love this theme! Incorporate bright pinks, peaches, summer blues and greens together. It will give your party the warm and bright look that you are looking for. You can use these colors in the balloons you decorate with or the table cloth color covers you choose. You want your party to look bright and fun.
Flamingo blow-up floats. You don’t have to have a pool to have a flamingo blow-up float. You can use them throughout your party venue as décor. Kids will love not only the look of them but also play with them as well. They will give the whimsical retro flamingo look you are looking for. Plus, what is a flamingo party without some flamingos lounging around?
Pineapples please. Pineapples are a great décor item to add to this party theme. Not only are they a super yummy fruit, they are great to decorate with. Hallow out the pineapple and you can fill it with bright pink flowers. You can also make pineapple cupcakes. Use yellow cake mix with bright yellow swirl frosting. Add gold sprinkles and paper greenery for the stem.
If you are looking for some sparkle or even some “twinkle” for your little princess’s birthday, a Twinkle Little Star Party is the perfect theme. A beloved song
that is almost always on of the very first songs that children learn by heart
is a classic theme. Plus, if you are as glitter happy as we are, this is a perfect opportunity to go wild! Here are our tips on how to throw a most
1. Black, Gold and Pink - This color combination is very chic. Black
for the night, gold for the stars and pink for your little princess.
2. Sparkling Décor - Lots of glitter and lots of sparkle! Take
sparkle gold and pink paper stock and cut out stars to stream together as
garland. Use gold star helium balloons surrounded by pink and black balloons to add more fun décor. Feel free to incorporate white sparkle soft clouds pillow fluff to add throughout your party. Add white glitter to the fluff to give it
3. Star Food - You can use simple finger foods that are cut out as stars as a fun way to serve food to your guests. PB and Jelly star sandwiches are
yummy treats! Star watermelon slices are a delight too!
4. The perfect outfit - If you are looking for the most perfect outfit to go with your party theme, you must see our Krista Blush and Sequence Tulle Dress.
With gold sequence bodice and sweet pink ruffles around the waistline,
she will feel like a true star.
Celebrating with cake and candy isn’t the only element that can make a fun and memorable birthday party. In today’s birthday parties, there is always a little extra element of fun that can be included. These are fun activities either done by the special birthday child or includes the whole party. What makes it so special, is that they are great moments to capture on film. Here are some of them:
Birthday Smash Cake. There is something so sweet about watching your child dig into a cake for the first time. The discovery of how it feels between their little fingers and its yummy taste. This is usually done on their 1st birthday. One cake to share with the guests and another for the birthday baby to dig right into! The messier the better!
Picasso party. Not only is this party wonderfully colorful, but watching your child stretch those creative muscles and create masterpieces. Give the kids canvases with stickers to put all over. Then watch them paint all over the canvas, removing the stickers to show beautiful shape cut outs. You can also do a fun painting element where they pop small balloons filled with paint on the canvas. These are pieces of art that you’ll love displaying after.
Paint fight! This is one fun birthday activity that not only everyone can participate in but make for an awesome photo shoot. Everyone dresses in white, have a large white sheet background and just get wonderfully colorful and messy. Paint everywhere! Have some large picture frames that your guests can hold up and look through to add a fun photo prop element.
A Minnie Mouse Princess Party is just about the mist adorable birthday theme out there. There is something classic about this beloved character and adding a princess theme just makes it even more picturesque.
RUFFLES & BOWTIES BIRTHDAY BOUTIQUE
So how does one pull of such a delightful theme? It's a lot easier than you may think.
Here are some of our ideas that you can incorporate at your little ones Minnie Princess Party.
1. Pink, Black and Gold - These are the perfect color combinations for that perfect Minnie Princess Party. You can add balloons, table clothes or any other décor. Put pink roses in a small black mason jar with a gold bow to make your party colors really pop.
2. Minnie Mouse Silhouette - A Minnie Mouse silhouette is an absolute must to incorporate in your party. It is a décor staple! And it’s pretty easy to make! All you need is two small circles and one big circle. Make sure you add a pink bow on top to designate Minnie Mouse. Make this silhouette as placemats at the table or decorated on goodie bags. You can even use foam spheres to make really cute 3 dimensional Minnie Mouse centerpieces.
3. The perfect Minnie Mouse Outfit - We have so many great outfits for this theme in our Rufflesandbowties.boutique.
Check out our black onesie with a Minnie Mouse silhouette and pair it with our must-have gold ruffle tutu. Your little princess will love wearing our cute Minnie Mouse gold ears! A Flawless look for the perfect photo op on her big day!
Little Miss Scientist Birthday Party
Looking for a unique birthday theme for your unique little darling? For when a simple princess or pony party just won’t do, a Little Miss Scientist is a perfect theme! If you have a little girl who loves science but also loves being girly, this birthday theme is one that she will remember for years to come. Here is all you need to throw the most perfect Little Miss Scientist Theme.
A tutu goes with everything - If you are wondering how you can dress your little scientist on their birthday while also expressing their little glamour side, anything goes with a tutu! Put a lab coat on with one of our adorable sparkly tutus underneath. You can even bedazzle her safety goggles with rhinestones and glitter!
Experiments made of glitter - There are tons of experiments and their directions on how to execute found on Pinterest, just research “girly experiments”. You can find how to make slime that is full of glitter and shiny colors. There is even a cool experiment called Frozen Fizzy ice that is full of glitter and colors showing the reaction of baking soda with vinegar.
Take home treats - A great idea for a goodie bag is one of the activities can be making your own lip gloss. This is an awesome science experiment that guests can put their own little twist on flavor or color. Then they can take it home!
Science décor - Don’t know how to decorate for a science party? Not to fret! It’s easy! All you need are some glass jars or beakers that you can fill with glitter colored water. You can also use balloons or small balls with sticks to duplicate an inspired DNA piece. Make your punch really stand out with dry ice so that fog rolls off of it. Or use the periodic table to spell out “science party.”
Who doesn’t want their baby’s most special birthday, their first, to be as perfect as possible?
However, when it comes down to planning, who truly knows :-
- what to do?
- when to do it?
- how to do it?
But here’s the good news Mum and Dad – we’ve got you covered
The secret to success is knowing what to do when, so just follow this checklist and baby’s special day will be stress-free and successful!
- Decorations – balloons, banners, streamers, hats, ribbons, confetti, inflatables, chair covers
- Tableware – plates, napkins, cups, cutlery, candles, trays, serving utensils
- Party favours – boxes, bags, candy, games
- Food – cake, cupcakes, appetisers, drinks, ice, snacks, entree, ice cream, grown-up food
- Activities – music, piñata, prizes, bouncy castle, face paint, slides, water pool, costumes, games, photo booth, placemats
- Thankyou notes
3 – 4 MONTHS BEFORE
- Outfits – Do you want a customised outfit made for baby? Best to design, consult and order AT LEAST 3 months before, there are great BOYS and GIRLS outfits available online.
- Pick your party theme.
- Photographs – Do you want to hire a photographer, or do it yourself? Allow time to find a recommended photographer and decide on requirements.
8 WEEKS BEFORE
- Think about timings – time of day, how long (most are 2-3 hours)
- Draft guest list.
7 WEEKS BEFORE
- Finalise party theme and location.
- Rent/order any special equipment (tables, chairs, etc.).
- Send invite list (ask if any food allergies).
- Research food, games, decor, activities.
- Consider costumes – will baby wear a special outfit, or will it be a general theme?
- Book entertainment.
4 WEEKS BEFORE
- Work with entertainment on timings, order of events, logistic needs (power/electrics, changing rooms or lights etc.)
- Compile music/playlists/videos.
- Finalise food list (consider allergies), tableware and party supply lists.
- Order cake/cupcakes.
- Order smash cake – speak with supplier for ideas?
3 WEEKS BEFORE
- Buy non-perishable foodstuff, drinks etc.
- Collect tableware, party supplies, birthday favours, gift bags
- Plan activity list
2 WEEKS BEFORE
- Choose party outfits.
- Finalise activity list.
- Ensure everything is in order for food table (tableware, decorations, candles, etc.).
- Finalised planned guest attendance list.
- Print out any documentation, maps, greeting cards etc.
- Collect all decorations.
1 WEEKS BEFORE
- Double-check RSVP list, invite any extras for declined invitations guests
- Pay deposit and finalise entertainers
- Check cake delivery times and assembly
2 DAYS BEFORE
- Double-check all tableware, food, menus, cake are available.
- Purchase any last-minute omissions or oversights.
1 DAY BEFORE
- Pickup smashcake
- Collect ice, flowers, gifts etc.
- Set tables and displays
- Chill drinks
- Check play areas are safe (place down any mats or protective coverings)
- Decorations up – photographs, greeting cards, themes etc.
- Prepare gift tracker sheet – so can thank parents at a later date
- Check music, any electronics (lights, computers etc.)
THE BIG DAY
- Set up high chair and table/chairs
- Take photos/videos before, with guests, and after party
- Finalise setup of decorations, balloons, food, entertainment and activities
- Prepare an area (away from activities and foods) to safely protect gifts.
AFTER THE PARTY
- Clean up after guests
- Send birthday and gift thank you notes
Finally, and most importantly, RELAX !
You’ve succeeded in making baby’s first birthday party a special one
Best Cupcake Birthday Party Ever
Everyone loves cupcakes. Not only are they absolutely delicious and the flavor ideas are endless, they are absolutely adorable too. So what a better birthday party theme for your little one than a cupcake birthday party?! Here are some awesome cupcake birthday party ideas:
Decorate a cupcake activity. This is an awesome and fun activity to do at a birthday party. Have some blank cupcakes and kids will enjoy icing them and choosing the toppings to put on them. Hand out little boxes to boxed them up to take them home in.
Kid’s aprons. A great party favor is having aprons for each kid to not only wear while working on their cupcake masterpieces but also to take home too!
Pin the Cherry on the Cupcake. Just like pin the tail on the donkey, this fun game will be enjoyed by all your tiny guests. Print up a large cupcake and everyone can take turns trying to pin a red balloon to the top of the cupcake.
Cupcake décor. Some fun and unique cupcake décor for your cupcake birthday is using different colorful cupcake liners and stringing them together to make garland. You can also use cupcake silhouettes as the background to your birthday invitations.
There are just so many cupcake birthday ideas you can use, and don't forget to dress your little cupcake up in an adorable cupcake outfit!!!
What is your birthday tradition?
Look below for some fun BIRTHDAY
traditions around the world.
Here in the U.S. our BIRTHDAY
traditions revolve around cake, candles and presents. We come together to celebrate another year at life. But what do other people do around the world? Here is a list of some fun birthday traditions that other countries do.
IRELAND - When families celebrate their baby’s 1st BIRTHDAY
, they take the top tier of their wedding cake and soak it in whiskey. They then take the cake and then sprinkle it over their baby’s head. There is also another tradition where they hold their child upside down and “bump” their heads on the floor for every year of their age and one extra for good luck.
JAMAICA - The Jamaicans love to coat the birthday girl or boy with flour by family and friends. Usually an ambush of this takes place.
CHINA - A BIRTHDAY
tradition is to symbolize longevity they eat a plate of long noodles. They will slurp them as long as the can before biting.
CANADA - Birthday boys and girls are ambushed with butter where they grease up their nose. They believe it wards off bad luck.
NEPALESE - Here a mixture rice yogurt and color is placed on the birthday child’s forehead for goodluck.
Planning your child’s FIRST BIRTHDAY
can be a bit difficult. You want it to go off without a hitch but your guest of honor can be unpredictable. Here are some 1st birthday don’ts to avoid, so you can make sure their first birthday party goes great.
1. Don’t plan during or close to nap time or bed time. Not only can your baby be grumpy and irritable during the whole party (which doesn’t make for good photos) but they can also sleep through the whole event. Plan your party during their best time of the day – even if it means late morning. Adults are more flexible than one year olds.
2. Don’t invite all 100 of your closest family and friends. Lots of people, especially ones that your child is not familiar with, can get pretty overwhelming. A baby overwhelmed can be a grumpy baby. Keep your party to a smaller, more manageable number and with more familiar faces.
3. Don’t forget to take pictures. If there is someone at your party you can trust to do a good job, assign them the job. As Moms or Dads we end up taking all of the pictures only to realize years down the road that we have no proof that we were even there. So take pictures but tell someone else they are on camera duty.
Check out our Birthday Selections for your little one!!!
#1stbirthday #cupcake #cupcakebirthday #birthdaydonts #birthdaybaby #cupcakeparty #babygirl #firstbirthdaydonts #kimkardashian
Looking to have a VINTAGE INSPIRED BIRTHDAY
for your little one? Here are some fabulous things you must add to your child’s day: Lace, pearls, burlap and vintage floral fabric. There are so much decorating ideas you can do with these items. Create fabric strips background for pictures or tie them off on a rope to decorate their high chair. Pile them in a hurricane glass for centerpieces. There is so much you can do with these materials!
Light blues, pinks and peaches. These are an awesome color combination for that perfect vintage inspired birthday party. Use pink florals and teal blue plates. The colors will truly stand out.
Mason Jars. These jars are so versatile. You can use them as glasses, flower vase or even as a candle holder. After the party, you will be sure to find many uses for mason jars.
The PERFECT VINTAGE BIRTHDAY OUTFIT.
What makes a great vintage inspired birthday is your little ones outfit. Lace and sparkle is a combination you can never go wrong. A beautiful large floral headpiece is a great touch for that wonderful Gatsby look.
Check out our Birthday Selections for your little one!!!
#birthdaygirl #vintageinspired #1stbirthday #girlygirl #pinkandteal #birthday #littlefashionista
Super Hero BIRTHDAY PARTY
The super hero theme is a perfect birthday theme – especially for a 1st birthday. There is something very special about SUPER HERO'S. While we all would love super hero powers the common theme in all super heroes is that they always come to help others. If you are looking to host a super hero party, here are a few things to make sure you have for your party.
Capes and masks. It wouldn’t be a SUPER HERO party without some capes and masks readily available. While you can supply them some awesome super hero dress up costumes you can also encourage your guests to bring their own.
- Action figures. Pick up a few super hero action figures. Not only are they fun to play with after they also make awesome party décor.
Pow! Ka-Boom! Need some more décor ideas? Put these awesome sayings around your party venue. They are a throwback to the older super hero comics and shows.
Themed Treats. An awesome idea is to name some of your party treats after famous superheroes. Chicken wings can be BATMAN Wings. Green rock candy can be Super Mans Kryptonite.
Check out our Birthday Selections for your little one!!!
Top Eight Items That Make for a Perfect MERMAID BIRTHDAY PARTY
1. Turquoise, Pink and Purple. There is something about this beautiful emerald color combination that just says MERMAID PARTY. This is a great color combination for this party
2. Sea Shells. They are the perfect décor item for your party. Put them as your centerpiece or cut them out to make a beautiful garland
3. Sea creature cupcakes. Decorate your cute cupcakes with different sea creature cutouts. They can be an octopus, sea horse or a cute crab.
4. Netting. Looking for an easy but cool decoration? Try netting! You can place it over the table like a decorative table cloth that goes with the THEME.
5. Blue and white balloons. These are great items to decorate with as they mimic the bubbles you blow in the water.
6. Bubbles. Every baby loves bubbles! They also make a perfect item to go in a goody bag.
7. Seaweed. Looking to make seaweed crawling throughout your walls. You can easily do that with green streamers. Tape them up to the wall as you twist them.
8. Treasure. Gold treasure in sand is also a great centerpiece. Who knows what buried treasure you may find in the sea that a mermaid is hiding!
Check out our Birthday Selections for your little one!!!
Tips for Celebrating Your Little Ones FIRST BIRTHDAY
You can hardly believe it has been nearly a year since your precious little one has turned your world upside down. While there were many sleepless nights and moments where you may have been asking yourself if you are way in over your head with this parenting gig, you have made it! There is now a bit of light at the end of that tunnel. So enjoy this momentous occasion of making it a year in parenthood.
Here are some tips to celebrate your LITTLE ONE'S FIRST BIRTHDAY
1. TIMING IS EVERYTHING. While you may want to plan your party for the evening, that may not be your baby’s best and playful time. Don’t feel guilty about hosting your party in the late morning or after a naptime late afternoon. Work around the time you think your baby will be in their best mood.
2. HOST THE PARTY AT HOME. Having the party in your home is great for baby because it is a place that they are most familiar and comfortable with. Plus, if they get overwhelmed and need to be put down for a nap, their sanctuary is just down the hall.
3. KEEP THE GUEST LIST SMALL. You may want to invite everyone you know to join in on celebrating this momentous occasion but you may want to think about having a smaller party. Too many strangers can be very overwhelming for a little one.
4. ENLIST A PHOTOGRAPHER. Have someone you trust be in charge of taking photographs for this party. By now you may have tons of pictures of your precious child but chances are you as the parent are probably only in a few. This is a perfect photo opportunity to make sure that you finally get in the picture!
5. PICK A THEME. Whether it is colors like pink and gold or a mermaid theme, the ideas are endless. Having a theme helps make your party more concise and put together. It will help with planning what decorations and what your baby’s first birthday cake will look like.
Check out our Birthday Selections for your little one!!!
It's time for a Party! Let’s plan your BABY'S BIRTHDAY
Yay! You have made it through the first year or another year of parenthood! Feels like just yesterday when you brought a newborn home and now already planning a birthday party. We know you want to plan a smashing birthday party. Here is our guide to plan a perfect birthday party for your little one.
Weekend is a great time to plan your BABY'S BIRTHDAY to ensure everybody comes to the party. Plan the party after the baby’s naptime so he or she is well-rested. Also, don’t plan the party in haste.
It is good to start planning 8 to 10 weeks before the birthday. It gives you enough time to decide the theme, food and spend time on DIYs to cut down your budget.
Next is what to serve at the party? You have to consider the birthday theme and a separate menu for adults and kids. Does your baby have a favorite toy animal? Try animals or toy theme for a birthday party. You can also try seasonal themes whether the party is indoor or outdoor. Bohemian and bow tie themes are really hot BIRTHDAY PARTY THEMES these days.
The ideas are endless!
Check out our Birthday Selections for your little one!!!