Ruffles Birthday Ideas
Ice Cream Social Birthday Party
- Kim Omilusik
- Tags: birthday blog birthday ideas first birthday ideas first birthday photoshoot first birthday themes girls birthday outfits girls birthday photos girls first birthday how to have a cake smash ice cream birthday ice cream first birthday kids birthday parties kids birthday party lace birthday outfit perfect cake smash summer birthday turning one
The Best Unicorn Birthday Party Ever!
Unicorns are colorful, especially their hair. Make sure you include this colorful theme in all of party decor. Pastels purple, pink, blue, yellow and green are a great color combination. Use these colors for balloons or streamers. And don’t skip out on the glitter! For a unicorn party, there is no such thing as too much glitter.
For food, serve beautifully colored candy treats. This can be pink cotton candy that you can call unicorn fur. Or white chocolate covered pretzels covered in colorful sprinkles. With rainbow colored food coloring you can make just about anything into unicorn treats.
A great party activity to do at your unicorn themed birthday event is decorating upside down waffle ice cream cones. They can be used as unicorn horns and kids will love decorating their unicorn horn in different color icing, candy and glitter sprinkles.
Dress your little one in a birthday outfit fit for a special and unique girl. Check out our Unicorn Tutu Rompers, and magical unicorn tutu sets! We even have sparkling dresses she is sure to love - full of glitz and glam for her big day! The best outfit for a unicorn party is one that is all about the glitz and glam. Bring on the bright sequenced pink tutus!
- Kim Omilusik
Tips for the perfect Smash Cake Photo Shoot
Tips for a Perfect Smash Cake Photo Shoot
Smash cake photo shoots are adorable 1st birthday keepsakes. Capturing the moment your child has that first taste of pure joy and sugar is such a delicious treat! But how does one go about setting up the perfect smash cake photo shoot?
Here are our best tips:
1. THE PERFECT OUTFIT.
The most fun decision about this photo shoot is the cute outfit your little one will wear. Remember, it’s going to get messy! So working with a “less is more” theme is definitely a must. All your little baby really needs is some bottoms and cute accessories. A tutu or cute diaper cover works wonderfully for this theme. Tutu rompers are utterly irresistible! Accessories with a birthday crown and some fancy jewelry. For boys some cute bottoms with suspenders are adorable. Add a cute bow tie for an extra special touch. (Be sure to checkout our birthday bowtique for tons of great ideas!)
2. DON’T SPLURGE ON THE CAKE.
You can get just as fancy of a cake at the grocery store as you can from
an expensive bakery. Remember that the point of this cake is to smash it and get dirty! So no need to shell out a bunch of cash. Pick up a plain one at the grocery store and dress it up with lots of sprinkles, toppings and whipped cream. Don’t forget the big #1 birthday candle. When decorating your smash cake is to have it match with what your baby is wearing.
3. THINK ABOUT THE BACKGROUND. While most of the focus will be on your baby and their cake, you should consider what is in the background in the photo. There are several ideas you can use. An outside photo shoot is always a good choice. You can also have a cute birthday pendant banner in the background or even a bunch of balloons. The more festive the better!
- Kim Omilusik
- Tags: birthday blog cake smash photo tips diy birthday photoshoot blog diy cake smash blog diy photoshoot first birthday blog first birthday cakesmash first birthday outfit first birthday outfit ideas first birthday photos first birthday photoshoot girls birthday outfits girls birthday photos girls first birthday how to have a cake smash lace birthday outfit perfect cake smash photoshoot blog turning one unicorn birthday
Pretty Pretty Ballerina Birthday Party
Twirl and dance the day away with a Pretty Ballerina themed birthday party. A perfect theme for the girliest of girly girls! Who doesn’t love to put on a pretty tutu, hair in a bun and twirl till they are dizzy in the head? So how does one put on this perfect birthday theme? Well look no further for our awesome tips:
Pink Tulle is a must. Stock up on the pink tulle!! There are so many ideas you can use to decorate your party with this awesome material in this ballerina theme. Use it to make tulle skirts for your guests and even for your tables. Use it to wrap pink balloons and have the fabric gather on the bottom securing it with a beautiful bow. Create garland with this pink tulle around the entrances and around the room. Use different color pinks to create a more eye popping look.
- Request pink tutus as the dress code. When sending out the invitations ask everyone towear their most favorite tutu ballerina outfit. This way all of your little ballerina party guests can twirl around dancing with her when you put on their favorite tunes. Have extra tutus on standby for guests who may not have one.
- Don’t forget to check out all of our fun tutus on our website: https://rufflesandbowties.
- Ballerina activities. Paint a leotard. Make cut out ballerina leotards out of card stock paper and let your guests let their creative juices flowing as they paint and glitter up their leotards. Have rhinestone stickers on hand and little bows to glue on. When they are finished and their art work is dry, put it in a white frame. This is a fun take home gift that will look beautiful in any girl’s room.